The best tool against permanent errors and unstable functionality – reset to factory settings. Here’s how to do it in the most popular browsers.
- Start the browser and open the menu by clicking on the three dots in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Go to the “Settings” → “Advanced” tab.
- Go down and click “Reset”.
- The system will remove the settings for the home page and cookies, as well as disable all extensions . Bookmarks and passwords will remain.
- Start the browser and go to about: support . A page with technical information will open.
- Click the “Clear Firefox” button at the top right of the screen.
- The system will delete all add-ons and reset the user settings. Your passwords and bookmarks will remain.
Before you make a full reset of the browser, you can test it in safe mode. Perhaps it’s the extensions. On the about: support page in the upper right corner of the screen, click on “Restart with disconnected add-ons”.
- Start the browser and click the Opera icon in the upper left corner of the screen.
- Go to the “Browser” tab. Then click on “Reset browser settings”.
- The system will delete cookies, extensions, pinned tabs and custom settings.
In this browser, you can not reset the settings, so you’ll have to manually clean the history, cache and extensions.
- Go to the browser and click on the Safari icon in the upper left corner.
- Select “Clear history” → “All history”.
- Go to the browser, click on the Safari icon in the upper left corner and select “Settings” → “Add-ons”.
- Check “Show the” Development “menu in the menu bar”.
- Click on the “Development” → “Clear caches” menu.
- Go to the browser, click the Safari icon in the upper left corner and select “Settings” → “Extensions”.
- Mark the required and delete.
There you go! That should solve many issues with browsers. If it doesn’t, maybe its time to bring it in for a virus cleanup and removal!